Tuesday, July 5, 2011

start somethin.

i used to imagine myself older. my older self would have all kinds of hip friends, an exciting life, would eat food that my younger self couldn't pronounce, have a sleek black convertible (not a sports car tho, maybe something similar to the old VW cabrios?) and would often be referred to by amiable nicknames. not quite sure when the ball started rolling on all those self visions. but i'm proud to say that sitting in the Denver airport tired as all hell with this very photo (see below) on the main screen of my phone I feel like at some point I became a bit like the person my preteen self had imagined. Not sure how my previous self would feel about my oldish Hyundai hatchback in fire engine freaking red or my filthy Chacos. I don't know that I could've pronounced much more than cheddar and bratwurst until I was in high school so the goal of expanding food vocab wasn't too hard. I'm told an awesome human being in SC recently referred to me as "spicy tofu". So that fulfills the nickname requirement. Ahhhh.
Well, the point of that exercise was NOT to pat myself on the back for become my preteen dream self! I've just been feeling a bit time-warped here in Minneapolis and I'm trying to wrap my mind around Time's irrelevance and simultaneous power. So many things have started (and ended) since I last lived here. I've been asked questions like; "when did you stop doing...?" "when did you start ...?" So many things have begun and left off, some without much thought and others requiring immense effort. I've started writing. I've stopped painting. I've started grad school. I've stopped restarted stopped and restarted swearing. I've started climbing. I've stopped shoveling snow :) I've stopped imagining myself without tan lines. I started using capital letters somewhere in that paragraph.
Okay, that disintegrated. Anyway, starting stuff is hard, but at some point you just can't even remember starting it. Its just something you do. Where am I going with this? I don't really know. I started climbing and now... ? I'm tired and its just a crazy blog okay?!?!?! If you want a lesson go read Aesop's fables or something
Much love to Myjah and Tiffany for the Boulder CO climbing glory. I thought I was logging on to write about climbing and colorado and stuff, but alas, it is late here and... ?

No comments:

Post a Comment