Friday, June 17, 2011

Flat = Contemplation

It is really flat here. This is leading to all kinds of incredible ponderings. Spell check says 'ponderings' is not a word. Winnie the Pooh and I would like to disagree.

The last time I lived in Minneapolis was 4.7826 years ago. I had no idea what climbing was or that it would take over my life/brain. I moved to the west coast with hopes of ditching my windshield ice scraper thingy and 22 pairs of long underwear and hopefully meet people stranger than myself. Success.

I am looking back at my beginnings. I was talked into taking 'Dianne's Women's Intro Series' at the glorious Santa Cruz based Pacific Edge 4-ish years ago with some serious hesitation and was hooked by week 3. I bought a rope and anchor before the class had reached completion without any real idea of how to use the stuff. From the get go I have been surrounded by people that have inspired me. Those inspiring people lead you to inspiring places which attract inspiring people... and the whole deal just snowballs. Next thing you know your rack and ropes are worth more than your car, which happens to be the only other thing you own. I would like to take a moment to thank all the beautiful human beings that have inspired me along the way, encouraged me when i needed it, or simply enjoyed the rock alongside me.

I have included a photo of Lake Calhoun Minneapolis which is one of my favorite local runs right now. Lapping it is a perfect 3.5 with the downtown skyline in the distance and turtles along the path. I am temporarily limited to running, biking, and bouldering but should get to redwing for some cragging soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment